Are you looking to expand your scope of practice or add some diversity to your week?
Vision Group (TLC Laser Eye Centers) is seeking an optometrist to join our team for 5 days a week.
Vision Group (TLC Laser Eye Centers) is a longstanding leader in LASIK and PRK and has expanded to provide a wide range of the most advanced refractive surgery procedures. Our experienced surgeons, with the help of North America’s largest network of affiliated optometrists, aim to safely remove the limitations and inconvenience of glasses and contact lenses. We specialize in innovative technology including Bladeless Custom LASIK, as well as Femto-assisted cataract surgery, in order to deliver premium results safely. We stand behind our results with our Lifetime Commitment program. One of our core principles is Co-Management, a unique and collaborative relationship that we have with our community’s optometrists to provide the highest level of care to our mutual patients.
• Pre and post-operative assessments for patients undergoing refractive surgery including LASIK, PRK, cataract surgery and other IOL procedures
• Patient counseling including recommendations regarding treatment plan and reviewing its benefits, risks and expected outcomes
• Communicating with co-managing optometrists about the status of mutual patients
• Working with clinic staff to help provide timely care and a positive patient experience
• Working with a team of ophthalmologists to provide them with the complete and accurate information they require and prepare the patient for their surgical experience
• Clinical proficiency, especially regarding refraction and ocular health assessments
• A willingness to learn, even after hours, to obtain the required knowledge base
• Confidence and excellent communication skills; patient counseling is a key part of the job
• Ability to develop good rapport with patients and to provide a positive patient experience
• Aptitude for using electronic medical records
• Efficiency and organizational skills, in particular, with respect to time management and record keeping
• Professionalism and the ability to work with a team
• Some flexibility and ability to adapt to change and a fast-paced environment
• Passion to change people’s lives and how they see
• Doctor of Optometry degree in good standing
• State Licensure required
Equal Opportunity Employer